We had the Long Beach BBQ comp this past weekend. While selling 28 pork shoulders worth of pulled pork sandwiches, we took a 2nd in pork and a 10th in chicken out of 55 teams.
While we’ve been cooking with it for some time now, this was the first event we sold the new Pitmaster sauce and it was greatly received.
See more of our weekend in photos below, as well as some videos created on Vine by our teammate Kellen Wagoner.
It’s that time again… Rooftop BBQ is coming to the Queen Mary in Long Beach this coming weekend!
Join us as we serve up plates of melt in your mouth pulled pork, by the sandwich plate or by the tasting.
We are expecting the same crowds as last year so come early before we sell out!
Some important details for you:
The Queen Mary
1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach
- General Admission – $10 online / $15 at the door – Buy Now
- Children 12 and under are FREE
- Parking is $10 with event validation
- BBQ Tasting Tickets from 50 Top West Coast Pit Masters – $2 each
- *Entrance to the West Coast BBQ Classic does not include admission to the ship or other attractions.
More info can be found on the Queen Mary website here.
The competition was even featured on the KCAL news the other day and you can spot our booth and our very own Joe Angelone cooking up the infamous Pig Candy!
You can also see a video from last year’s event below, along with results from the competition here.
Hope to see you there!